How Do I Get A Medical Marijuana Card in New York?
Interested in getting your medical marijuana doctor certification and ID card in New York State?
STEP 1: PROOF OF RESIDENCY DOCUMENTS
This first step is to determine if you meet the residence permit or not and for this criterion for this step is below: You’ll have to give one of the accompanying evidence of residency:
- ID number from the driving license of New York or the identity card of your state of New York.
- Copy of Government-issued Identity Card containing your name and the address of any State particularly New York.
- Copy of a utility bill or other document stating your place of residence
- issued within the last two months.
- The document must contain yours: Name and address.
- A copy of a current lease or similar document stating your residence in the State of New York.
- Other documents approved by DOH with sufficient details to prove residency in the state of New York.
- Temporary residents living in New York because of Qualifying health status can prove residence by a Leasing, utility bill, hospital bill or other documents as approved through the Ministry of Health.
Step 2: Eligibility
If you live in New York and are suffering from a qualified illness, you can apply for your medical marijuana card. Patients diagnosed with one of the given situations can apply for patient certification:
- Chronic pain
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Huntington’s disease
- HIV / AIDS
- multiple sclerosis
- Spinal cord injury with spasticity
- Any situation, a narcotic could be recommended
The associated or complicating conditions include:
- Cachexia/wasting syndrome
- Opioid Use Disorder
- Strong or chronic pain
- Strong nausea
- Strong or persistent muscle spasms
Additional qualification conditions are constantly taken into account and added to the program. You can also consult any New York Marijuana Doctors for more detailed information.
STEP 3: PATIENT CERTIFICATION
If you are a resident of NY and have a qualified medical education. Condition is the next step to get a patient’s certificate from one participating doctor, medical assistant or nurse. If you talk to any doctor or physician about it, this is the case important, to be honest about your health situation and explain why you believe that its treatment will be beneficial for you.
If you agree to approve them for the program, they must submit a patient Certification form on your behalf. Please keep in mind, the doctor or nurse must be in order to admit you. Licensed in NY but get registered with this Program. If your doctor or nurse is not yet registered in this, they have must follow these instructions in to sign in.
If your caregiver is unwilling or unable to give A patient certificate for you, they can refer you to a practitioner.
STEP 4: PATIENT APPLICATION
Once you have received your patient certificate, you will need to complete an online patient registration form for it. The 1st step is to create an account at NY.gov and click on “Health Applications” and then on “Medical Data Management System” to get the online application form. The form will ask for basic information, including proof of residence in New York. If your this form of application has been approved, you will receive your card by mail.
STEP 5: MAKE PURCHASES
Once your application has been submitted and approved, you can download your health care and make purchases at the pharmacy.
- Each patient can appoint up to two
- Caregivers during the application process.
- A caregiver is a trusted person
- The person you choose will be entitled to make purchases at the pharmacy
- on your behalf, if you are unable to attend in person.
- If the application is approved, your supervisor (s) must register to this web-based system.
Visit the pharmacy
Once you have your card in hand, you can make your purchases at the pharmacy. Our helpful staff is looking forward to it. Run through the pharmacy and answer any questions you have
our products and services.
How much does the New York card of marijuana cost?
After receiving an MMJ certificate from a qualified physician, the cost of applying for this card is just $50. This is a non-refundable registration fee. In addition to this fee, however, you may incur costs/fees for the first medical consultation. You can also consult with our New York Marijuana Doctors for more detailed information.
Can you grow weeds in New York with this card?
As mentioned above, even with a valid card, it is illegal to grow it. If you find yourself developing cannabis, the penalty is one year in prison and a maximum fine of USD 1,000. It should be remembered, however, that ownership fees may overshadow breeding fees if the quantity grown exceeds 25 g. For example, if you grow several plants containing more than 1 pound of weeds, you may be charged with a crime punishable by imprisonment of up to 7 years and a fine of USD 5,000 (see above). You can also consult any New York Marijuana Doctors for more detailed information.
What if you are not admitted to the New Card for Marijuana?
You can’t do anything in New York City unless you are approved by a qualified medical practitioner for the certification of medical marijuana. However, advice of medical MD is extremely fast and convenient, and many people with valid qualifying conditions (see above) were received in less than an hour. Finally, it should be noted that marijuana (bordering NY in the east) is legal, but it is illegal to transport marijuana products across state borders. Although is considered a recreational state, it is still illegal at the federal level and may be subject to severe criminal penalties.